2014 TESTING INFORMATION FOR THE (HSE) High School Equivalency Test ((Formerly known as G.E.D.)
Important Information Regarding Changes to the High School Equivalency Test
There is a new High School Equivalency Test. The Paterson High School Equivalency Test Center is administering the ETS-HiSet Test (Computer-based Testing).
For those who have taken the test but have not passed (by the end of 2013), your scores have EXPIRED. You will have to take the new High School Equivalency Test (Hi-Set).
Passing the new High School Equivalency Test is the key to opening doors to college, a better job, and earning the respect you deserve. Don’t miss this chance to turn one small step into your next big opportunity!
Eligibility Requirements to take the High School Equivalency Test
- Must be a resident of New Jersey
- Have not graduated from an accredited high school or received a High School diploma or equivalency certificate.
- Must be at least 16 years old and officially withdrawn from school
How to Register for the ETS-HiSet Exam
Please go to the Hi-Set Test website at: http://hiset.ets.org/test_takers You must register online for appointment dates and to pay for your exam.
You will be required to pay a test fee of $50.00 by credit or debit card only. Once you have registered through Hi-Set, you will have to come to the Paterson HSE Testing Center on the Monday of your test week, with the following:
- Bring 1 of the following: Social Security card, taxpayer ID, social insurance card, deferred action ID card.
- Bring 1 of the following: Photo Driver’s License, State or County Photo ID Card, US Passport, Foreign passport with accompanying letter in a sealed envelope from Consulate verifying authenticity of the passport.
- Bring 1 of the following: lease, mortgage, bank statement or bill showing New Jersey residency
Test Fees/ Refunds: - http://hiset.ets.org/take/fees/refunds
In addition to paying the $50.00 to Hi-Set, an additional $40.00 Test Center fee is required.
- Money Order ONLY payable to Paterson Public Schools ($40.00) first time testers, $10.00 per subject for re-testers.
- NO CASH,CHECKS OR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED -
LOCATION : The Paterson HSE Testing Center is located at: 151 Ellison Street, Paterson, NJ 07505
Initial Total Cost
Initial Testing Full Battery
$50.00 battery paid to HiSet online
+ an additional
$40.00 Test Center Fee paid to Paterson Public Schools in the form of a money order
Initial Testing Per Subtest:
$15.00 substest, base fee
$10.00 Test Center fee
If battery purchased, ETS fee, $0
If subtest purchased , ETS fee, $15
$10.00 Test Center fee paid to
Paterson Public Schools in the form of a money order
Misleading High School Equivalency Diploma Claims
Please be aware of fraudulent websites that claim you can pay a fee and earn your high school equivalency diploma. Testing including online must be administered at an official High School Equivalency testing site.