2014 TESTING INFORMATION FOR THE (HSE) High School Equivalency Test ((Formerly known as G.E.D.)
PLEASE CHECK THIS WEBSITE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATED INFORMATION!
Anticipated registration date of April 15, 2014.
The Paterson Adult School is offering:
Initial Total Cost
Computer Based Only
Test Fees/ Refunds:
Initial Testing Full Battery
$50.00 battery paid to HiSet online
+ an additional
$40.00 Test Center Fee paid to Paterson Public Schools in the form of a money order
Initial Testing Per Subtest:
$15.00 substest, base fee
$10.00 Test Center fee
If battery purchased, ETS fee, $0
If subtest purchased , ETS fee, $15
$10.00 Test Center fee paid to
Paterson Public Schools in the form of a money order
McGraw Hill (TASC)
Computer Based Only http://www.tasctest.com/
3rd Retest -$20.40
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
One Primary and Two Secondary Forms of Identification are required.
RULE OF THUMB: The Testing Center will check: New Jersey residency, identity verification and age (16 and above).
After review of all identification presented, the testing center staff has the right to accept or refuse any document.
- The identity and eligibility of all candidates must be verified by inspecting each candidate’s identification documents.
- Driver’s licenses, US passports, military papers, or other forms of government (national) identification that shows NAME, ADDRESS, DATE OF BIRTH, AND A PHOTOGRAPH ARE ALL ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION.
- Current identification provided by a post-secondary institution is also acceptable, provided it contains the candidate’s name, address, date of birth, signature and a photograph.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DOCUMENTS
- Driver License: must have photograph, must be current and must display a person’s name, address and signature.
- State/County Issued Identification Card with photograph.
- Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) Documents – Must be original, valid and must contain a photograph.
- Military Identification with photograph.
- Alien Registration Card with photograph.
- Valid Passport (U.S.) with a recent photograph.
- Citizenship Papers with photograph.
EXAMPLES OF SECONDARY DOCUMENTS
- Official Social Security Card
- Credit Card
- Employer Identification Card with photograph
- Health Insurance Card – Example: Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Marriage Certificate or License
- Military Discharge Separation Papers
- Id without photo, but current address listed for proof of residency
- Utility bill, bank statement, etc. documenting delivery to a NJ address
- Social Security verification letter.