The Paterson Adult and Continuing Education is a division of the Paterson Public School System and is organized and operated under the leadership of the District Superintendent. Its philosophy, therefore, is consistent with the philosophy of the Paterson Public Schools.
The Paterson Adult and Continuing Education holds as a primary value that learning is a lifelong process and that all persons have a basic right to opportunities for continued growth in learning. Therefore, the Paterson Adult and Continuing Education commits itself:
- to providing diverse and creative educational programs and learning experiences consistent with the needs of adult learners.
- to creating an educational environment characterized by respect for individual and cultural differences.
- to advocate for adult and continuing education programs and literacy and vocational training programs for adults.
- to provide supported services to enable students to achieve their academic goal.
- to instill in the students personal and community pride.